Appropriate footwear must be worn; mountain boots or fell running shoes. Flat running trainers are not acceptable.
In addition, each member must wear or carry the following:
- Full leg covering.
- Long sleeved top.
- Spare long sleeved top.*
- Waterproof jacket and over-trousers.
- Working torch (suitable for navigation at night).
- Working whistle.
- Working compass.
- Pencil and writing paper.
- Map (untrimmed)O.S. OL17 1:25K or 115 1:50K; Harvey: Snowdonia North 1:25K or 1:40K.
- Emergency rations of minimum weight 225g (1/2 lb).
- A liquid container minimum 500ml capacity, full at start of race.
- Survival bag which a person can get fully inside. Foil Blankets are not acceptable.
- First Aid pack of – adhesive plasters, 1 x full roll No.5 (5cm / 2”) wide bandage, 1 x No.8 (8cm / 3”) absorbent wound dressing. 1 x triangular bandages.
Mobile Phone Competitors are required to carry a fully charged mobile phone as an additional safety measure, however coverage is not guaranteed.
Competitors starting in vest or T shirt are required to carry both long sleeved tops (non-cotton).
Registration/Declaration forms certify that each Team member is equipped as per the rules and is aware that participation is at their own risk.
Pre-start and on-course spot checks (for which time allowances will be awarded) may occur.
Full kit checks will occur at the finish. Deficiencies in equipment will incur penalties